Romney: Quarter Millionaires Are “Middle Income”
Mitt Romney continued to fuel speculation that he’s out of touch with average Americans by describing those earning between $200-250,000 as “middle income.”
Romney’s comments came in an interview with ABC News where Romney defended his plan to “reduce tax burdens on middle-income people” which he described as “middle income is $200,000 to $250,000 and less.”
In fact, median household income in the United States is closer to $50,000. Romney’s estimate of “middle income” is five times that.
Romney is worth an estimated $250 million, and is the richest presidential candidate in U.S. history. Even though it has been revealed that he stored money in offshore tax havens, Romney has refused to reveal his income tax returns.
|« Nearly 200 Arrested In Online Prostitution Bust||Lolo Jones Denies Dating Ndamukong Suh »|
Exxon CEO Got 8% Pay Bump Ahead Of Arkansas Spill
Steve Jobs Widow: Immigration Reform Now
Rick Warren Bombshell: My Son Bought Unregistered Gun Online For Suicide
NRA Loses First Round As Gun Bill Advances
National Confidential is breaking news, as it happens. Click here to contact us.
Most Popular Stories Today
- Pornstar’s Real Names Revealed 161 view(s)
- 25 Pictures Of Jennifer Lawrence 81 view(s)
- Meet Rebecca Williams, The FBI’s Stripper Turned “Trailer Park Mata Hari” 43 view(s)
- Selena Gomez Bikini Photos For “Spring Breakers” Released 32 view(s)
- “Trailer Park Mata Hari” Helps Convict White Supremacist Terrorist 27 view(s)