Better Off? U.S. Auto Sales Booming
American auto sales are growing faster than the economy, in a sign of renewed strength for the previously troubled industry.
Chrysler announced today that sales had increased 14% in August, thanks to demand for Ram pickup trucks. GM sales were up 10%, Volskwagen sales were up 62%, that company’s best August sales performance since 1973.
Ford also announced double-digit increases in auto sales.
President Obama and Vice President Biden have both recently touted the success of the government rescue of GM, and contrasted it to Mitt Romney’s desire to “let Detroit go bankrupt.”
|« Jillian Michaels Returns To “Biggest Loser,” Show Adds Teens||Video & Transcript Of Michelle Obama Democratic Convention 2012 Speech »|
Obama On Future Of Terror War
Exxon CEO Got 8% Pay Bump Ahead Of Arkansas Spill
Steve Jobs Widow: Immigration Reform Now
This Police Department Drives $550,000 Lamborghinis
Most Popular Stories Today
- Pornstar’s Real Names Revealed 185 view(s)
- Obamacare Lowers Insurance Premiums In California 94 view(s)
- Tracy Miley: Wife Of Army Colonel In Pin-Up Controversy 37 view(s)
- Selena Gomez Bikini Photos For “Spring Breakers” Released 35 view(s)
- 25 Pictures Of Jennifer Lawrence 34 view(s)
National Confidential is breaking news, as it happens. Click here to contact us.