10,000 Yosemite Visitors Possibly Exposed To Virus With 33% Kill Rate
Officials say six visitors to Yosemite National Park have contracted the deadly hantavirus pulmonary syndrome (HPS) and as many as 10,000 may have been exposed. HPS kills one out of three people who contract it.
HPS constricts the lungs and impairs breathing. Inhaled dust contaminated by rodent droppings is thought to be the main vehicle for the virus’ transmission.
The National Park Service has already sent letters to 2,900 people who stayed in the Signature Tent Cabins at the wildly popular park. Estimates are that 10,000 people were in those cabins between June 10 and August 24.
|« Veronica Rayne – Photo Gallery||Naomi Russell – Photo Gallery »|
Obama On Future Of Terror War
Exxon CEO Got 8% Pay Bump Ahead Of Arkansas Spill
Steve Jobs Widow: Immigration Reform Now
Rick Warren Bombshell: My Son Bought Unregistered Gun Online For Suicide
Most Popular Stories Today
- Obamacare Lowers Insurance Premiums In California 281 view(s)
- Pornstar’s Real Names Revealed 170 view(s)
- January Jones Banned From New X-Men Movie? 51 view(s)
- 25 Pictures Of Jennifer Lawrence 31 view(s)
- PHOTOS: Sexy Costumes Now Dominate Halloween 27 view(s)
National Confidential is breaking news, as it happens. Click here to contact us.