This Is How Much It Costs To Raise A Child Now
The cost to raise a child from birth to adulthood just increased.
New data from the Department of Agriculture, “Expenditures on Children by Families,” reveals that it costs $234,900 to raise a child born in 2011 for a middle-income family.
By comparison, the cost — in 2012 dollars — to raise a child in 1960 was $191,720.
The biggest expenses were calculated as housing, followed by child care, education, food and transportation. Food costs have decreased since 1960, but child care and education costs have skyrocketed.
|« The American Flag Hits A Major Milestone||Why Online Hospital Ratings Could Be Bad For Your Health »|
Exxon CEO Got 8% Pay Bump Ahead Of Arkansas Spill
Steve Jobs Widow: Immigration Reform Now
Rick Warren Bombshell: My Son Bought Unregistered Gun Online For Suicide
NRA Loses First Round As Gun Bill Advances
National Confidential is breaking news, as it happens. Click here to contact us.
Most Popular Stories Today
- Pornstar’s Real Names Revealed 187 view(s)
- 25 Pictures Of Jennifer Lawrence 76 view(s)
- Selena Gomez Bikini Photos For “Spring Breakers” Released 39 view(s)
- 2012 AVN Awards Winners List 30 view(s)
- Porn Stars Bibi Jones, Riley Steele, Remy LaCroix Quit Industry 29 view(s)