Romney Avoided Vietnam Draft, Lived In France
Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney made the claim that he was a “minister of religion or divinity student” in order to avoid the Vietnam-era military draft. A new report from the Associated Press reveals that Romney repeatedly avoided serving in the conflict, despite his initial support for the war.
Mitt Romney As A Missionary In France
Instead of serving in Vietnam, Romney worked as a Mormon missionary in France. The church eventually began restricting missionaries from utilizing the “minister of religion or divinity student” status to avoid the draft.
In a 2007 interview with the Boston Globe, Romney lied and claimed he didn’t take any action to avoid the war.
President Barack Obama was too young at the time of the war to be eligible for the draft.
|« Romney To Fundraise At Home With Hitler Paintings, Dictator Busts||Nutty Amanda Bynes Ask Obama To Fire Cop Who Busted Her »|
Koch Bros: J-Lo Was Obama Secret Weapon
Obama Drops Ban On Women In Combat
Obama: US Aiding French Mission In Mali
National Confidential is breaking news, as it happens. Click here to contact us.
Most Popular Stories Today
- Pornstar’s Real Names Revealed 154 view(s)
- 25 Pictures Of Jennifer Lawrence 88 view(s)
- Meet Rebecca Williams, The FBI’s Stripper Turned “Trailer Park Mata Hari” 46 view(s)
- Selena Gomez Bikini Photos For “Spring Breakers” Released 33 view(s)
- January Jones Banned From New X-Men Movie? 33 view(s)