Romney Lags Bush, McCain For Evangelical Support
Evangelical voters are not supporting Mitt Romney as strongly as they did George W. Bush or John McCain. A new poll from the Public Religion Research Institute shows that Romney has 68% support among evangelical voters nationwide, compared to 19% support for Obama.
Romney lags the support levels of John McCain (73%) and George W. Bush (79%) with this demographic that is key to the conservative vote.
Some observers believe President Obama’s recent support of gay marriage may be the spark that is needed to rally the evangelical vote in Romney’s favor.
The poll also found that Obama led Romney among Catholic voters.
|« Houston Teacher Accused Of Sexting With Student||Jaclyn Swedberg Is 2012 Playboy Playmate Of The Year »|
Exxon CEO Got 8% Pay Bump Ahead Of Arkansas Spill
Steve Jobs Widow: Immigration Reform Now
Rick Warren Bombshell: My Son Bought Unregistered Gun Online For Suicide
NRA Loses First Round As Gun Bill Advances
National Confidential is breaking news, as it happens. Click here to contact us.
Most Popular Stories Today
- Pornstar’s Real Names Revealed 186 view(s)
- 25 Pictures Of Jennifer Lawrence 90 view(s)
- Selena Gomez Bikini Photos For “Spring Breakers” Released 45 view(s)
- Porn Stars Bibi Jones, Riley Steele, Remy LaCroix Quit Industry 33 view(s)
- PHOTOS: Emma Watson BAFTA Pre-Party 29 view(s)